- Esmane info
Department/Office: Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance Enterprise Resource Planning Project
Duty Station: NEW YORK
Closing Period: 08 July 2021
Job Opening Number: 21-Information Management Systems-DMSPC ERP-154737-R-New York (X)
Org. Setting and Reporting
The position is located in the Human Capital Management (HCM), Payroll(PY), Organizational Management(OM) team, Solutions Architecture 1, Enterprise Resource Planning Solution Division (ERPSD), in the Department of Management Strategy, Policy and Compliance in New York. The Information Systems Officer (SAP NPO HCM and Payroll Processes) will report to a Senior Information Systems Officer.
Umoja is a continuous organizational transformation, enabling high-quality, and cost-effective service delivery for evolving United Nations mandates, anywhere in the world. By updating skills, harmonizing practices and applying global technology, Umoja maximizes productivity of the UN's human, financial and material resources.
Umoja transcends organizational, geographical and functional barriers, fostering a culture of transparency, accountability, empowerment, sharing and unity across the United Nations. For more information on Umoja visit: http://umoja.un.org
The scope of work of this position includes the main SAP NPO HCM modules and processes in the Umoja solution, such as Personnel Administration, Time Management, Organizational Management, Benefits, Employee and Manager Self Service, Payroll, Travel.
In addition, the position will serve to reinforce the Project's capacity in the context of the design, build and roll out of the new scope of functionality of Umoja and its subsequent stabilization during 2021 onward, which will include HCM-related processes such as strategic planning, position and organizational management and budgeting.
Within limits of delegated authority and depending on location, the Information Systems Officer (SAP NPO HCM and Payroll Processes) will be responsible for the following duties:
- Supports and contributes to work concerning feasibility studies, systems analysis, design, development and implementation of systemic functionality in the Umoja solution for HCM processes and integration, particularly in respect of Payroll [PY] and PY-related processes and modules in SAP NPO HCM.
- Develops detailed system and other functional specifications and user documentation for business design documentation for HR functionality and HCM processes in the SAP NPO Umoja solution.
- Undertakes complex system analysis for the further design of integration and enhancements of the SAP NPO HCM processes in the solution, particularly Payroll, including its NPO specific configuration requirements.
- Provides specialized advice to users, analyzing users' requirements and translating these into new applications; determines application systems integration and linkage issues.
Maintains, upgrades or enhances existing user systems; troubleshoots and provides continuing user support, to include resolving difficult problems, advising on the use of new techniques, monitoring transactions to measure performance and continued effectiveness of assigned systems, etc.
- Develops and maintains computer programs that require integration of many interrelated systems and program elements; ensures appropriate data security and access controls considering both local and wide area issues.
- Organizes and performs unit and integrated testing of the HCM processes in SAP/Umoja, designing and utilizing test bases; assists users in acceptance testing.
Develops training materials for HCM processes in Umoja, operating and user manuals; trains staff in assigned systems.
- Develops disaster recovery plans and ensures appropriate planning and training of those responsible.
- Researches, analyzes and evaluates new technologies and makes recommendations for their deployment.
- Participates in writing reports and papers on systems-related topics, system requirements, information strategy, etc.
- Provides guidance to, and may supervise, new/junior staff, consultants, etc.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Knowledge of information technology/information management, particularly in systems analysis, database design and programming. Knowledge of several high level programming languages and significant exposure to and demonstrated proficiency in all aspects of programming and analysis, including structured/object-oriented design, relational systems, scripting and query languages, document design and management, hardware and software requirements, systems facilities and execution protocols. Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, to include proficiency in the development and implementation of systems of moderate size/complexity. Knowledge of interactive systems; good knowledge of organization's information infrastructure and IT strategy as it relates to user area(s); independently maintains assigned systems and develops innovative approaches to resolve a wide range of issues/problems. Shows pride in work and in achievements. Demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter. Is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results. Is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns. Shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- CLIENT ORIENTATION: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seeks to see things from clients’ point of view. Establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect. Identifies clients’ needs and matches them to appropriate solutions. Monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients’ environment to keep informed and anticipate problems. Keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects. Meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- TECHNOLOGICAL AWARENESS: Keeps abreast of available technology. Understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office. Actively seeks to apply technology to appropriate tasks. Shows willingness to learn new technology.
Advanced university degree (Master's degree or equivalent degree) in computer science, information systems, mathematics, statistics or related field is required. A first-level university degree in any of these fields, in combination with two additional years of qualifying work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree. Certification in SAP HCM modules, particularly Payroll, is desirable.
A minimum of five years of progressively responsible experience in planning, design, development, implementation or maintenance of a SAP Enterprise Resource Planning [ERP] system is required.
Experience in SAP HCM module, including info-types, t-codes and underlying table structures is required.
Experience in system analysis, process and workflow design or programming and configuration for HCM Payroll solutions in an SAP NPO ERP environment is desirable.
English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required. Knowledge of another UN official language is an advantage.
Job openings advertised on the Careers Portal will be removed at 11:59 p.m. (New York time) on the deadline date.
For more information on how to apply, please click the “Apply” button.